Last Thursday was the first day I was supposed to be able to "lift" after the surgery. It was brutal. Heavy deads followed up by a great WOD of 30 deads, 10 rounds of Cindy and a 250m row. Man, how much strength did I lose in the last 4 weeks? For a guy that can DL 475, those 315s were rough. Then the 225s for the WOD were no joke either. Glad Friday was a rest day.
Saturday was a garage workout. 5 rounds of FS @ 135, 10 Pull Ups and 20 DUs. Another rough one. I just feel like I have no gas in the tank. First round was fine but every other one was a struggle. Just cleaning the 135 felt like a challenge. Made it through and followed it up with 4 sets of 10 75# snatch. Heat was extreme...
Today.
Sundays are usually the days I like to run long. I decided to forgo the run and head to Crossfit. What a great move. Got there as a buddy was in the midst of his first 30 MU for time WOD. I had to jump in too. I decided to do the 30 without using a false grip for more of a challenge. Made it through in a respectable time and felt good the whole time. Never missed one. Then after some DU practice I wanted to practice some squat cleans.
I did a few @ 95# and one of the coaches pointed out I wasn't opening my hops fully. Gotta love those old habits creeping back in after a break. Quick correction by over exaggerating the slow dead lift then exploding with the hips. Seemed to work and I was ready for some weight. Made it up to 145# and did a ton of reps. Finally a good sweat going that didn't make me want to puke.
Even though I felt like a slow weak fatty my fellow Crossfitters were very encouraging. So glad I made it to the gym today. I've got to remember that just because I have the equipment to do the WOD in the garage, I don't have the community or the support out there. Sometimes that makes all the difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment